Thursday, August 1, 2013

Starting goals and initial plans...OH HELLO

And so it begins...  With 368 days until my second Ironman, the inaugural Ironman Boulder, it is time to get myself in gear.  My goal...  Well that is a tricky question really, obviously it is to beat my terrible Ironman time from Ironman Louisville 2012 of 13:23:42, but that will be pretty easy as I left a lot of time on that course.  I suppose my goal is to achieve my highest level of fitness and see where that gets me.  My time references on each leg would tell me that I should be able to get about 11:30:00-ish, but I think that I can do better, but there are too many variables between now and then.  So for now, my target will be to just enjoy the process of getting my base back after 2 months of not racing or any real structured training, and to be honest my training hasn't been terribly structured since Ironman Louisville.  But back to the grind.

So, the initial plan is to work on my run to get that stronger as it has been the bane of my triathlon existence in the past.  In doing this I hope to get as much base work and strength work done as I can.

This blog on the other hand, I don't know where it is going, this is my first time.  I feel that it might lend a little bit of accountability to my training, and maybe this will head down into other aspects of my life that I feel I should put out on the internet for the world to see.  One thing is for sure, there will be lots of posts, lots of lacking motivation on my part, and hopefully a story of a big 11hr finish line celebration had by yours truely.  I will post pics and details as often as I can and hopefully not annoy everyone too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment