Tuesday, August 6, 2013

One year to go....

So this weekend marked the one year point until Boulder Ironman.  That is a significant date for me, as now I have something to shoot for, something to keep my mind pointed at.  So as most people who enjoy this amazing sport do, I have started building my training plan.  I am still not sure how writing my own plan is going to be, but I do know that if I don't feel like I am making any gains in fitness, I am going to hire a coach again.

So for now my plan is to do a fairly "easy" pace for 10 hrs this week, and 12 next, then 14, then a rest week of 8...repeat.  I think I will do this until December time frame, building base and trying to get leaner than I am now.  Then...pointed, periodized training starts and watch out world.  Ha, well, more like watch out personal life, but, the things we do for love right.

until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment